Coke vs. Water
From John Campea
This little fact list has been floating around the internet for a while now, but I thought I'd post it anyway. I really hate it cause I LOVE my coke! I love it. I yearn for it. MMmmmmmm... Cooookkkkeeee (said in my best Homer Simpson voice).
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often
mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100%
of the dieters studied in a Washington study.
5. Lack of water is the number 1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
significantly ease back any joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble
with basic maths, and difficulty focusing on the computer
screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of Colon cancer by
45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer.
ARE YOU DRINKING THE AMOUNT OF WATER YOU SHOULD EVERY DAY?
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of
Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone stead in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet
bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric
acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a
rumpled-up piece of aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola
over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the
rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy
clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will
helploosen grease stains.
8. Coca-Cola will clean road haze from your wind shield.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. The active ingredient in Coke is Phosphoric Acid. Its ph is 2.8. It will
dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric Acid also leaches calcium from
bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in Osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use
the Hazardous material place cards reserved for HIGHLY CORROSIVE materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their
trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, "WOULD YOU LIKE A GLASS OF WATER OR