Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Spam Solution

According to jordoncooper.com :: more living, less punditry:

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know about my constant struggle with spam. I have tried a lot of products but I think that I may have found the perfect one. Mozilla's Thunderbird. If you don't know what Thunderbird is, here is a short description

Thunderbird is a free, open-source and cross-platform mail client for most operating systems including, but not limited to, Windows, Linux and Macintosh. It is based on the Mozilla codebase. It is a robust and easy to use client, similar to competing products like Outlook Express, but with some major advantages such as junk mail classification.

It is the junk mail filters that make it so amazing. Within a day or two, it has captured most of the spam I am getting. It is free and a safer alternative than Outlook Express. I am in the process of ditching Outlook for it but am looking for a more suitable calendar program. Anyone recommend a really good PIM?


I'm going to try it. Also the Firebird browser looks interesting too.

No comments: