Thursday, May 20, 2004

Crossover Hoping for Building

When we first started The Crossover in 2000, I told our congregation we couldn't get our own facility until we built one for somebody else. It was just a feeling. In 2004, we are heavily invested in building a Habitat for Humanity house.

A couple of months ago, my wife saw a building for sale and mentioned it to me. I wasn't particularly interested, but the more I looked into it, it really felt right.

Today, we have an accepted offer on the storefront property. Now we have to get all the inspections. We need an engineer to look over the building and tell us that we can remove a load bearing wall and replace it with a steel beam. (Anybody know an engineer that would work cheap?)

So if you wonder what I am doing, I can almost guarantee the answer is solidifying the purchase of this facility for The Crossover. Yeah God!

No comments: