Monday, August 30, 2004

Christian or Alcoholic

Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church in Seattle writes an article for Relevant Magazine this month called "Got Church? It does a body good." (Knowing a lot about Driscoll, this doesn't sound like a title he came up with.)

His opening lines are what really made me think.

I attended a state university tucked away in a small rural town that was so dull the only social alternatives were to become an alcholic or a Christian. So, I became a Christian during my freshmen year of college and then had the horrifying task of finding a church home. The only problem was that I had no idea what I was looking for -- I only knew that I did not want to land in a church serving in a cult leader's harem or touting some new fangled religion destined for the Blair Witch corner of hell.

No comments: