Friday, September 24, 2004

Recent Books

I don't have time but wanted to make some notes. Here are some recent books I've read.

I Robot by Issac Asimov -- Asimov was one of my favorites growing up. He is not a Christian and it is interesting that his fiction has an emptiness to people (in my opinion). I was walking through our public library with my youngest son heading up to play with the trains and they had placed I Robot on a display. Intrigued I picked it up. I haven't seen the movie, but my guess is that it is based on one chapter of the book. I would also guess they had to rewrite most of it to make it an action film for Will Smith.

It is an interesting read and an exercise in logic. I liked it. Many wouldn't.

Thr3e by Ted Dekker. My friends, the Tobias's, mailed it to us as a gift. Interesting thriller. Loaned it to a friend. She read in a couple of days. Couldn't put it down!

Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkerson. He is the same guy that wrote Prayer of Jabez. He does what I think is going to be the future of successful non-fiction books. He wrote it in story form. I haven't finished it. It is pretty good. Light reading. Hits what I have found to be problems following a dream pretty well.

No comments: