Saturday, October 23, 2004

Memory Lane

Dead SkunkIn a comment about my Dell stinking, Shawna prompted an old memory -- Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road. I don't know how long I had been doing Camp Maranatha, but Pastor Tom Craig (right) had taken me under his wing. He knew this Mac Davis (?) song called Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road. Tom had a trunk full of costumes that he carried with him to camp. We sorted through, dressed up, and sang with full volume -- Dead Skunk. Believe it or not, I keep this picture, and this one alone, in the drawer of my office desk. The guy on the left is Phil Craig. He was a wild guy. I hear is quite the family man now and doing great.

Lance FinleyI mentioned Lance a few posts back. Lance is another huge influence on me. We met when I was 18 and he was 15. Somehow we became buds.

Lance has been honest with me that when he met me, he thought I was an idiot. But he befriended me and began to teach me, and as a hungry sponge, I soaked up every ounce of his wisdom. Unfortunately I left him with nothing.

I couldn't love this guy more. He has gotten in my face when necessary, he has brought Pagliai's pizza over at just the right time, he gave up the woman of my dreams for me. Anybody else have a Lance love song?

Rob & BrantI met Rob Smith and Brant Hansen somewhere in the Churches of God Youth Advance mix. This picture was taken in Findlay, OH at our national youth convention. We had teamed up to play basketball and we brought home the second place trophy. God smiled on me that day that though I'm not "best friends" with either guy, they both make time for the relationship of which I truly cherish. These are sharp, top notch Christian men.

Excuse me now. I must go dry my eyes.

No comments: