Monday, February 20, 2006

Turning Forty

Forty is just around the corner for me, and I'm actually getting excited. Many of my friends are in their forties and even turning fifty this year. It looks like a great time to be alive. At forty and even fifty, I will be at the peak of my abilities to affect the world. That may not correspond for everyone, but there is no doubt it is true for me.

I don't feel forty. Forty seems old to me. When I was in my twenties, people in their forties always seemed to go "mad" for a while. I'm sure I'm in that category. The body is starting to act a little more slowly, but I'm trying to exercise more, eat a bit better, and I think it is making some difference.

There is some desire to take fewer risks. I don't want to implode at this point in my life, but I think playing it safe will be a mistake. I'll continue to try and push ahead.

No comments: