Monday, March 27, 2006

Interesting Conversations

My friend, Joe Lockhart, dropped by for a cup of coffee this morning. Joe has a unique interest in all thing Egypt, the early church fathers, the Catholic church, the Bible, and other intersting ancient documents.

He's currently read The Masks of God by Joseph Campbell which compares the heart of religious thought throughout history. It sounds really interesting.

My friend, Cal Smith, a elder in the Mormon church, had a really interesting conversation about Mormonism in America.

Saturday night, I heard my friends' band, Suede (Myspace site), at Common Grounds. They sounded great. They have a new CD I can't wait to get my hands on. Rick does an old song called Eugene Pratt by Mason Profit. It's a Vietnam anti-war song that tells the story of Pratt. I can't get it out of my head.

My friend, Nathaniel West, and I have been discussing forgiveness in all it's depths.

Friday night, we went to our friends the Ridgley's and played games. I hadn't had that much fun in a while. I can't wait so long next time.

No comments: