Thursday, April 20, 2006

Maundy Thursday

The discussion at Emerging CGGC about Maundy Thursday (the obscurely named Thursday before Easter) struck me ironic. There was discussion about when, where, and who feetwashing. Many men didn't participate. I struggle with those issues too. I lead some worship for our youth groups, and the four guys present are just not going to sing and do any motions. Sadly, they stand out even worse. It is like torturing them and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Just for full disclosure, I was in a bar on Maundy Thursday, sipping on the first beer I have had in twenty years. I don't think I drank half of it. A girl in our church was in a "battle of the bands" contest. There were several from our church there to support her. And BTW, not one man refused to participate in the drinking of beer.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Well the disciples did have wine before feetwashing??