Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Prison

I visited my first prison yesterday. I have been to county jail several times. Prison is different to visit. It's better. At county, you are behind thick glass. In prison, you are together in a lounge area. You can hug if you want. We did.

We didn't see anything except the lounge. It was described as several houses. Everyone's bunk is lined up in a row. They go to bed around 7:30PM and rise around 4AM. I think I'd go crazy with no alone time.

Jesus said to visit the least of these in prison. I plan to do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a relief. When I saw the title of your post in my feed reader this morning, I was concerned at first that this was going to explain your long absence from the blog... ;)

That said. Visiting prison is an eye opener...