Saturday, December 15, 2007

Friday

Morning - I started with a planning meeting for the New Life for Haiti Banquet. It is going to be unbelievable. Great food, great prizes, great music, and a great presentation of what we are doing in Marfranc, Haiti. If you'd like to come, let me know. We want you there!

Noon - On Fridays at Noon, I help out at my Kindergartener's centers. My center is always a craft, and the same 5 kids (including my son) come to the center. Yesterday we made a paper stocking and a clever Santa. It is so refreshing because even the kids I don't have each week love to see me and want to catch my eye to say "hi." It amazes me how the teacher has control over the whole class room even when everyone is scattered about.

Evening - My 12 year old daughter went to a dance. While it makes me a little nervous for her, she's great. She doesn't get all caught up in the drama and she just tries to have some fun. She's fantastic.

Preaching - Sometimes writing a sermon is easy. Sometimes it isn't. I really like to tell a story. That is how Jesus preached and it is easier to remember and there isn't a better way to get people to think. Two weeks ago, I preached about Zechariah, father of John the Baptist. Last week, I preached about Mary. They both had these great interactions with the angel Gabriel. This week is Joseph. I'm focusing on the early chapters of the Gospel of Luke and there is no angelic visit for Joseph in Luke. But there is in Matthew, though it doesn't have the same flavor as the visitations in Luke. And we know almost nothing about Joseph. We know he was a carpenter, the angel convinced him not to leave Mary, and then he disappears.

So I find myself this week wanting to focus on mud. Figure that?

No comments: