Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sin vs Standard or Ideas vs Individuals

Since I lured two readers with my notes on the Large Hadron Collider, which will likely end life as we know it in May, let me solidify my readership with some a post about sex.

"I do not believe that politics in the long run is about individuals. It is about ideas, the public good, and doing what is best for the state of New York. But I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expect of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family."
-- Governor Spitzer of New York

I'm torn about whether to write about the first two sentences of the quote about Ideas vs Individuals or to write about Sin vs Standard.

I added the label "theology" to this because this is one of those questions where you have to frame it in a universal understanding of God and humanity.

No comments: