Friday, July 05, 2002

I'm a bad, bad blogger. How many days has it been? Sorry. Mainly to myself since I'm probably my only reader!!

And now this, I found on another blog (how sad) Stephen's Blog.

This story found at Smartmoney.com: Breaking News: Investigators Focus on Ex-WorldCom CEO Ebbers

Mr. Ebbers has shunned the public eye since WorldCom disclosed the improper accounting last week. But yesterday, at his church in Brookhaven, Miss., Mr. Ebbers made his first public comments about the firestorm in an appearance before his congregation. Mr. Ebbers appeared at Easthaven Baptist Church as usual to teach Sunday school and attend the morning worship service. At the end of the service, he walked to the front of the church and addressed the congregation. "I just want you to know you aren't going to church with a crook," he began.

Clad in blue jeans and a white shirt, Mr. Ebbers continued, "This has been a strange week at best. . . . On Tuesday I received a call telling me what was happening" at WorldCom. "I don't know what the situation is with all that has been reported," he said. "I don't know what all is going to happen or what mistakes have been made. . . . No one will find me to have knowingly committed fraud," he said, teary eyed. "More than anything else, I hope that my witness for Jesus Christ will not" be jeopardized. The congregation erupted in a standing ovation. Mr. Ebbers declined further comment.


This makes me think, "Is he for real or not? Is he lying to us? We want to believe him, but should we? What if he is just as big a sinner as all of us and has yet to admit it? What do we do when he does admit it? Will people stand behind if has lied to them?"

I am not saying he is lying, but somebody messed up, and the article says he is a very "hands on" CEO. Hmm... What would our DNA do with Mr Ebbers? Is he responsible even if he didn't know? How will our healing and humbleness values approach him?

No comments: