Friday, July 12, 2002

Senate Votes to Ban Corporate Loans

Yahoo! News - Senate OKs Ban on Executive Loans
"Time after time, cheating CEOs received no-interest loans from their companies, often to the tune of millions of dollars. And when the companies went broke or when the CEOs resigned, the money is often never paid back," Schumer said. "Why do executives at Adelphia, Enron and WorldCom need to borrow money from their stockholders? Why can't they go to the bank like everyone else?"

Perhaps we need to do some soul searching of our own. Where do we cut corners? We are we unethical but defend it with "everybody does it"?

We have a core value of humbleness. Are we willing to search our soul as David did. "Lord, search me and know me." I'm almost afraid to ask Him. I'm not sure I want to know.

No comments: