Saturday, October 18, 2003

Transparent Blogs

This is why I think Jordon Cooper's blog is so well read. He is transparent about his life. I mean he writes some good stuff. He has some great links, but he shares his personal life like it is a personal diary.

Looking back at the last six years, there were a lot of sorrow. I think Mom's cancer and dying kind of dominated the first year of our marriage and then it was understanding and failing to work through with her parents and family the issues surrounding Wendy being sexually abused while growing up. This year it is has been Wendy's depression that has kind of dominated everything. I keep waiting for a normal year and I don't think it has happened yet. If it happens, we won't know what to do with it...


I'm not going to do that. I'm not sure I even wish I could. Blogging is an odd thing. I use it to share information with others and to remind myself of information. Mainly, I write for myself. It hasn't always been that way.

So I noticed a rather negative, anonymous comment about some research on The Weigh Down. Oh well. But if it had been negative about an open and honest comment about my wife or my parents... yikes! Not sure I could handle that. I also don't want to show my kids across the global span of the internet, knowing even that there are computers that regularly copy EVERYTHING on the web! Nothing disappears!

This isn't a rant about Coop. I love reading Coop. I learn a ton reading Coop. But I'm not Coop. What a funny way to communicate -- the blog.

No comments: