Saturday, May 01, 2004

Music Piracy

Barna reports

In a new nationwide survey, teenagers express their views about the morality of music piracy. The latest Barna Update shows that most teens – even born again Christian teens – do not have any moral qualms about downloading free, non-promotional songs from the Internet or copying CDs for their friends.


I seriously thought that there was a law passed in 92 that made copying a friend's CD legal. I thought the question of Napster and Kazaa was that this new generation considers everyone in the world their friend, and the question was what is the definition of friend. I have borrowed several CDs and copied them from very close friends. I seriously do not want to do what is wrong. Am I legally wrong here? Am I ethically wrong?

Talk about a new world. I was at Common Grounds the other morning (early, like 6:15AM). This young woman in a short skirt was talking on her cell phone. She was telling her roommate that their computer had a message waiting on her when she had gotten out of bed this morning. She had IM'd her and told her that the roommate was still asleep. We are connected.

No comments: