Friday, August 27, 2004

Coop Gets It Done

Jordon Cooper is my favorite weblog. That's a funny way to say it. Jordon Cooper is a guy but it is also how I refer to his blog. He is always linking to stuff that is relevant to me and often has his own insightful commentary.

A couple of things he posted under "Some Unrandom Thoughts" that caught my eye.

1. Has anyone else ever noticed how all denominational websites are all the same and yet so many are frustrated with how little impact they are making and how so few people care about them. It reminds me of a news story I saw where the big three auto makers were completely ignoring what people were telling them about their websites and instead looking back and forth at each others copying the features and no one really wanted but they had to have because the other two had them. I think it was the same reason the Liberal and Conservative websites looked almost identical during the last federal election. Its weird because I think that denominations and seminaries/Bible Colleges could make a huge impact for the kingdom online if they would think outside the box. If any denominational/seminary person wants to hear my ideas, e-mail me at jordoncooper AT gmail.com and we can talk.

3. "If Jesus was half the revolutionary you claim, how come he is now represented by one of the most conservative, status-quo institutions on the planet?" quote from The Lost Message Of Jesus by Steve Chalke


I deleted 2 and 4. Not as interesting to me.

Later he quotes George H W Bush, the former president, from a speech concerning why he did not invade Iraq in 1991. The fuller quote is on his page and is pretty interesting.

"Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different and perhaps barren outcome."


He also had some interesting quotes from a book about how much better life is than it was 100 years ago, but he seems to have deleted it. I wonder why.

No comments: