Monday, November 08, 2004

God Has Confidence In You

Via Coop via Soapbox

"Think about John the Baptist as a transitional leader. He grew up hearing the stories of Luke 1 and 2 as part of his family legend. Can't you just hear John's mom? "When your dad found out we were expecting you, he was speechless!" or "When your Aunt Mary came to see me to tell me she was going to have a baby, I thought you were going to jump right out of me!" John saw heaven open and the Spirit descend when he baptized his first cousin. Yet when he was in jail he sent word to Jesus, "Now, let's go over this one more time: are you the one?" Jeus doesn't slam John. In fact, he extols his cousin: "There's never been a better man born," Jesus says (Luke 7:28).

"Jesus doesn't slam you for your doubts, fears and uncertainties either. He wants to encourage you in your current assignment.

From Reggie McNeal, "The Present Future"

I may have to read this book.

No comments: