Saturday, August 23, 2003

Internet Conversation

Jordon Cooper wrote an excellent post on internet conversations. I wrote a rant about how no one comments.

Cooper was left an energetic and dynamic comment. I was left "I comment once a month. Leave me alone." and "You're such a whiner."

Here is an important clip from Cooper's thorough post:

I remember how cool everyone thought it was when Leonard Sweet installed message boards on his site. The sites took off with a burst of posts by a lot of people until we all realized that despite being on Len's site, he wasn't around. It was kind of like playing in someone's backyard when they aren't at home. It is still the same yard but it feels like you are doing something wrong. You can build it and they may come but without a host, they won't stay.

No comments: