Advice for Fathers of Young Adults
It made me stop and think about those father’s whose children just graduated from high school.
· Try not to frown too much as they make choices you swear you wouldn’t have made. Liar.
· Let them make most of their own decisions.
That being said…
· Do not bail them out of jail.
· Do not pay off their credit cards.
· Do not lend them money just because they are broke.
· Help them go to college. It is an investment that you will never regret.
· Show them how a woman is supposed to be loved. Your boys don’t know how. And your girls don’t think they are worth that kind of love.
· Don’t let them come in at 4 in the morning if they still live in your house. You can’t do that until you are paying your own bills, and then you are too tired.
· Know that they will quickly start showing you your worst habits.