Advice For Retired Fathers
And finally, a late addition to fathers of children over 50.
· Don’t act like you don’t need their help. You do and your flat denial makes it twice as hard on them.
· Sure you’ve mellowed out now, but don’t think that instantly makes up for all the years you were so harsh.
· If your kid wants you to stop driving, stop driving.
· Be an encourager. Everyone will want to visit you.
· Don’t wear colored socks with shorts! Why can’t you see that?
· Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to see your surgery scars.
· Know that everything you taught your children will come back to you in these last days of your life.