Wednesday, September 08, 2004

HWJV

Who Do You Say That I Am?I am reminded that I am a single-issue voter. I have one question -- How Will Jesus Vote?

How would you choose between the following statements?

1. As a student of the truth, through study of the Bible and the teachings of my pastor, I believe there is a right way to vote.

2. As a believer in the risen Lord, Jesus Christ, I believe He is moving through history and in fact, He will decide who will rule this nation and I should follow Him with my vote.

3. As each person is guided by the Holy Spirit, it is possible that one could be led to vote for John Kerry and another for George W Bush.

Over and over again, the Pharisees tried to get Jesus to pin down the truth and over and over again, the truth simply seemed to be Him.

HWJV Bracelet $15.99Can we study Jesus' voting record? Assuming Jesus is Himself God, how has God voted in the past?
1. He annointed the first King, Saul, who turned out to be a loser of a leader.
2. He annointed David, the second King, who turned out to be a murderer and an adulterer, at least as bad as Clinton.
3. He annointed Nebuchadnezzar, a foreign king who ruthlessly butchered Israel.

These are obviously negative trends. There are a few positive ones as well. But does it make you think?

No comments: