American Idol has the ability to make everybody a critic. We critique voice, presentation, looks, attitude, and on and on. Critiquing the contestants would be really easy. But instead, where is the goodness?
1. Chris Daughtry's wife telling how good a guy he was to marry her and take her children as his own.
2. The fact that Elliott Yamin doesn't look like an AI but once he starts singing you start to forget.
3. Taylor Hicks pure joy in singing.
4. Mandissa's ability to forgive Simon without an apology and to see a sincere change in Simon.
5. To see such a natural gift in Paris Bennett.